So here's the new contest. It'll be similar to my Twitter Pitch contest with the critique round and the judging round. But instead of entering a twitter pitch, we're doing a first page contest.
And who, might you ask, is the judge?
Judith Engracia of Liza Dawson and Associates!
Judith is just building her own client list, which means she's got her eye out for some amazing manuscripts! And I know you guys have a ton of talent, so hopefully she'll find some really great work she can't resist.
So here's how the contest will work:
- Sign up on the link below.
- On May 28th, post your title, genre, word count and the first 250 words on your blog for critique.
- From May 28th through May 30th, hop around to the other contestant's blogs and critique their first 250 words.
- On May 31st, come back to my blog and post your final entry on my dedicated contest entry blog post. Be sure to include:
- Your email address
- Title, genre, wordcount
- Your polished first page (250 words) Don't stop in the middle of a sentence.
- Where you follow me
- Where you spread the word
Judith will read all of the first pages and select one for a ten-page critique, which, if she finds the winner's entry intriguing enough, could extend into a full manuscript critique!
- You must be a follower of my blog and/or Twitter
- You must spread the word, via twitter, fb, blog post, whatever.
- Your manuscript must be complete.
- Contest is open to works of fiction only. Sorry guys, no non-fiction here.
- You do not have to participate in the critique portion of the contest, but why would you miss the opportunity to polish that baby until it shines before Judith reads it?